Search information pages
12. What is BioMed Central?
BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 252 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology, medicine and chemistry and includes broad interest titles, such as BMC Biology and BMC Medicine alongside specialist journals, such as Retrovirology and BMC Genomics. All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication. BioMed Central levies an article-processing charge to cover the cost of the publication process. Authors publishing with BioMed Central retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License which allows articles to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. BioMed Central is owned by Springer Science+ Business Media, and also hosts the SpringerOpen platform.
- What is Journal of Medical Case Reports?
- Why submit to Journal of Medical Case Reports?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Journal of Medical Case Reports?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Journal of Medical Case Reports?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Journal of Medical Case Reports's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?
- What happens to my case report after it is published?
- What is the relationship between Cases Journal and Journal of Medical Case Reports?
- What if I don't have consent for publication from my patient?
- What is the relationship between Cases Database and Journal of Medical Case Reports?